How to Choose a Canadian Cloud Hosting Service Provider: Before Choosing
Here are 6 essential questions you need to ask before you choose a Canadian cloud hosting service provider!
You probably already know that moving all of your business operations such as document storage and email to the cloud can cut expenses, simplify your workflow, as well as, eliminate the constant need for hardware and IT personnel. The cloud can make it simpler for employees to complete their daily responsibilities, collaborate online, and access key information and details.
One of the biggest benefits for small businesses and brands is the ability to concentrate on the business and allow cloud-based services to handle the rest such as maintenance, security, support, and backup.
With so many companies in Canada offering cloud hosting solutions, choosing the right one can be a real challenge. However, don’t worry, as we are here to help you out.
In this article, we will present 6 essential questions you need to ask before making the final call and choosing one specific cloud hosting service provider:
- Which cloud services do you offer? You need to know exactly what your cloud hosting needs are because that will dictate the type of service you choose later. So, first determine the types of cloud differences, environments, disadvantages, and benefits, and only then you will be able to choose the type of cloud web hosting service. You may choose from private, public, hybrid model or virtual private model. It is very important for the cloud service to be able to meet your needs and have the flexibility to scale your storage space up and down, in order to properly host your domain.
- Do they use the newest cloud technology and infrastructure? It is very important for the web hosting service provider to use the latest cloud technology, especially if you are serious about your business and you want to develop and grow in the future. You need to make sure they are familiar and they use the newest equipment, software, servers, and they are able to manage it end-to-end.
- Where does my data reside? Knowing exactly where your data and important information reside is a huge concern as it could affect your data recovery process. Determining the physical location of your important information and data, in a public cloud environment may be volatile because of the number of data centers used. You need to ask – where does your data reside and make sure all of your information is properly kept and protected.
- What type of services are in place, in a case of disaster recovery? Backup services and data recovery for all of your information that is stored in the cloud should be a very important component of your cloud hosting services. Without a proper backup and the right data redundancies, your business could be on its way to bankruptcy and you will face a huge data loss. As a matter of fact, more than 70% of the businesses fail because of huge data loss.
- How well do you know and understand my ERP? When looking for an ERP cloud-hosting service provider is to find one that knows and understands your ERP solution. You need to connect with your cloud hosting provider as that is the key factor to understanding your ERP solution. Once you will connect with the provider, they will be able to fix issues easily and help you focus on running your business.
- What type of security is used? It goes without saying that security is essential and there should not be compromises made. It is important for the company to have a two-factor authentication, end-point security, data encryption, and etc.
By asking these questions, you will be able to find the best cloud hosting service provider in Canada!
Get In touch
Leave us a message